RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I am fine thanks, i need to know about taking full custody

i am fine thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i need to know about taking full custody of my children, i have been separated for almost three years after my wife committed adultery
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have filled in a divorce form three months and my ex has received the petition but she did not sign it
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the reason she did not sign was because of the reason i gave which was adultery

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I have read your question and information. Are you asking about how to gain full residency (custody) of your children. Who do the children reside with at the moment and do you have contact with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i leave in Milton keynes England

Sorry I am not able to take a phone call at the moment but could organise for later. Are you asking about how to gain full residency (custody) of your children. Who do the children reside with at the moment and do you have contact with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, l have resorted to email as l have failed to get a response on your office phones. I urgently do ask for an official from your offices to kindly get back to me as regards ***** ***** of filing for full custody of the children as my ex-wife, Roselyn Nyika is consistently flaunting her part of the agreed up parental responsibilities in so far as picking up the kids on time, stayinv with them for the agreed period of 2weeks & other matters. This has not only affected the children greatly but it has cost me so many jobs as she more than once has failed to pick them causing me to unecesarily, with ni clear cut reason cover for her resulting in numerous excuses to my former employers concerning child care leading to my eventual dismissal in over 2 jobs.
As it is, she was suposed to pick them up on the 2nd of June, Tuesday but to date - despite my comunication to her & her lies, l still have the children who are now drained & feel dejected.

So are the children currently in your care and is there any court order in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we agreed on sharing responsibilities and currently its 2 weeks but since separation it has not been working
and over the years i have had safeguarding concerns for which i have made complaints to social services before through my eldest son's school
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello are you still there

Yes, I am still here I am just writing up my response for you now or would you prefer a phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i prefer to chat please

Thanks I am just writing up not there was a delay on the feed. I would be obliged if you could rate my response once I have written it up for you. Many thanks.

In order to be granted full residency then this has to be ordered by the court and I will provide information on how to do this. However you seem to be in a good position. If you have safeguarding concerns for the children then you can refuse to allow them to go with the mother. If you are going to take this approach and look at full residency then you must contact Cafcass and tell them what is happening. They will likely be instructed by the court to do a section 7 report and therefore by informing them you are getting ahead of the game so to speak. You will then want to make an application to the court for full residency. It is likely that if the court agree with you then they may ask for there to be supervised visits with the mother (you can express this as one of your wishes also).

In order to apply to the court, you will need to fill out and send form C100 (copy attached) with a cheque of £215 payable to HMCTS to your local family court centre. Or you can ring the court and pay over the phone (or pay in person if you go directly to the court and pay at the counter). If you are on low income/have low savings you can apply for a fee exemption here:

http://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

Once you apply the court will list a hearing where you and your ex attends. There will be a family advisor there too (from Cafcass) and if arrangements can be agreed then a consent order will be drawn up.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are the courts opened with the current situation

The are still accepting all applications yes, but as you will be aware things are moving rather slowly with only essential hearings being heard.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much, how can i get hold in the near future

You are very welcome. If you could use the 5 stars at the top of the page to rate my advice I would be very grateful. If you would like me help in the future then you can simply put FOR ROSS in the heading of any of your questions. Thank you.