RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I has a disabled son who died 8 years ago. he was in a Care

Hi i has a disabled son who died 8 years ago.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: he was in a Care home for the last 4 years of his life and the local Borough I lived in, London Borough of Merton have now produced an enforcement officer bill for K38,000.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been co operating with their solicitors and have asked for them to provide evidence that I am liable for my sons debt who was 23 when he died but they have refused to provide anything. Their reference is Jack Hunter not me, Lynne Hunter. LBM are saying that they summonsed me to court in 2017 but I have no record of it so obviously I did not attend. i
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I received a Judgment Order in 2015 from the court which states that if LBM did not settle the matter by June 2016 the matter would be struck out so I assumed that was the case and now I have been presented with a bill of K38,000 without any proof that I am liable. I have written to the court and explained what has happened and asked them to consider setting the CCJ aside but I haven’t heard back from them yet.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I have read your information and wondered if you could tell me what your question was specifically please. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can LBM take me to court without proper evidence showing my liability?

Yes, the reality is that anyone can take anyone to court and they would have to prove your liability in court. However, if I were you then I would hold off and wait to see what the court says. If you believe the court has struck the matter out and they are not producing evidence that you are liable for this bill then you have a chance. I would keep in constant communication with the company and continue to ask for proof that you owe the money. They cannot take you to court (or at least be awarded any fees) if you can show that you have constantly attempted to fix the situation. I would wait for your response from the court before you decide to either leave this or agree to make payments as from what you have said, it is possible that the matter has been stuck out.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not wish to call you.

You can ignore the phone call as it is automatically generated by the website.

I had already provided advice on this for you;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou, their solicitor says the matter that was struck out was to attend court by June 2016 and not the claim. They then allegedly served me another summons to appear for questioning in 2017 at my old address but this is complete rubbish as, if they did I would have contacted the bailiff and produced the Jugment Order as this was again out of time. So, they then obtain a commital order for disobedience which they have just presented me with as well. As you can imagine, I am absolutely horrified!

Hopefully then you will hear back from the court who will confirm its the end of the matter.