Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My friend got stopped by police yesterday for speeding but

Hi my friend got stopped by police yesterday for speeding but gave his dad's name who is insured and a fake date of birth what will happen he is worried and panicked
JA: Have speeding charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I am not sure
JA: Where did the speeding occur?
Customer: On a 30mph road
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know what will happen

its potential fraud or obstruct PC in the execution of his/her duty, or preventing the course of justice.

So he could be taken to Court.

He could face prison.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything he could do right now to make it right? He was stopped last night? And is it 100 percent that they will find out that the driver was not his dad, as he was being recorded by body can. What happend was he got stopped and gave his dad's name who is insured but a different date of birth as giving his dad's wouldn't have matched his age . Will police find out? What is the next step police will do? As they took the details and said he might have to go court or he will receive points and fine

The Police probably will check.

But I wouldn't do anything until they get in touch.

The Police will probably get in touch and ask for an interview.

Then he can fess up.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But who will the police ask for an interview? As the name he gave was his dad's? They did check in the car when he gave the details and said he will receive a letter in the post but I don't understand what will happen now I mean will they investigate from DVLA if this is correct date of birth? Or will they just send a letter to the house with his dad's name?

They may contact Dad and make enquiries. They will ask who was driving and I am sure Dad will say this person.

They will the be asked for interview.

Dad will get a notice of intended prosecution and I am sure wonder why........

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if he says he was driving and takes the blame? My friend was recorded on body cam and has been in trouble with the police before

It may be perverting the course of justice.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify if dvla will be contacted by police to find out the real date of birth? Or is that not possible

Yes they can do that.

Does that assist?