james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I believe my wife is about to report an accident as if it

I believe my wife is about to report an accident as if it was assault as she just told me that was her plan to keep me from seeing our daughter ever again.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I wonder how best to protect myself legally
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Uk gloucestershire No steps taken at all.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats everything

Hello I will assist today.

please explain how I can assist?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am seeking advice how best to protect myself legally in the event that my wife does report assault when in actual fact she was hurt as a result of an accident.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not in a place where i would be free to talk

That’s fine, we can chat here.

Can you explain what happened to give me a better understanding

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We argued while painting the walls in my office. I gave up and started clearing everything away. As i was folding the dust sheet it was under the corner of a desk so i tugged it to get it loose. She was also standing on it and fell over knocking her head on the desk.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She seems to be fine after a brief cry, and theres no sign of any injury.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She went for a walk right after threatening me with calling the police and never letting me see our daughter again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has since returned and i believe is upstairs calling the police right now.

Thanks for that.
From what you have explained, that would appear to be an accident. No intent to cause injury.

if the worst did happen, and she complained to the police of assault, then give your account as to what happened.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had wondered if a safer approach was a "no comment" as you hear stories of people accodentally incriminating themselves for something or other

You can of course give a no comment interview.
If however, your wife has given a statement to police, and if they have taken photos of any injury or bruising, then the time of your police interview,would be the correct time to account for these.

You do not have to, but inferences can be drawn from your silence if it goes to court.

it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something you may later rely on in court.

Can I assist further?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No i think that is everything. Thank you for the advice

If you get problems come back for assistance.Here to help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.