RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Of a Golf Club We are trying to raise loans from our Members

I am Hon Sec of a Golf Club We are trying to raise loans from our Members and are looking for a Simple Loan Agreement suitable for a Private Members Club
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have invited interest from Members who have expressed willingness to help
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I have read your request and understand what you are saying. However, could you tell me what your question is specifically please. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason we can not accept loans from Members? If not is there a Simple Loan agreement that we can use

There is no reason a loan cannot exist between yourself and the members, however, I would highly suggest that you have a loan agreement in place. There will be templates online etc. that you can use. However, these are not necessarily legally sound. I would advise that you use a lawyer to draft up an agreement between you and the members. This shouldn't be too costly if it a simple loan agreement but they will want to sit down and discuss the terms of repayment with you etc. to ensure that the document and loan agreements are legally enforceable. However, to answer your question there is nothing stopping you from doing this.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

IF you feel it would help then I can offer my company emails address via this service and we could look at providing you a quote for drafting a loan agreement for the club.