How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8014
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

How can i get help recovering a private debt, york uk, none

Customer Question

how can i get help recovering a private debt
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: york uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none looking for advice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he has assets i/e new 4x4 and a modern food truck
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.


How much are you owed and how did the debt arise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
780 pounds a loan was for 1000 pounds lent in Feb with a promise of monthly repayments of ,,100 1 payment rrvieve then nothing since
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

In that case you should send a letter asking for the money back within 14 days failing which you threaten them with legal proceedings.

If they still refuse to pay you, you may then file a court claim for the money in the small claims court online at

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Please leave a 5 stars rating so that I may close this question.