Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a question regarding trading licenses. is it true

Hi I have a question regarding trading licenses. is it true that in order to get one you have to pay a sum of 300 Euros on sites like Wisenex?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am fine with waiting for the right response. Just as long as I get one in the end

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Long story short I deposited 250 pounds into a trading website and then wanted to take the money out. Then the company called me and told me that I needed to pay 300 Euros for a trading license which I did reluctantly. A couple of days later I got the 250 back, but I wanted to know if the 2nd transaction was genuine or if it was a scam.

How did you pay the £250 and then 300 Euros?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I made a transaction on the website through the direction of the person on the other end of the phone. It gave me the option to transfer 250-10000. I chose the lowest because it seems the least risky, then on another phone call conversation a couple of days later, I was directed to another website called Wisenex where I was directed to pay 300 Euros

Did you pay by CREDIT card to them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry Debit card

Debit card, not credit card?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is correct

It sounds like a scam to me.

You should report it to the Police.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I think you have lost your money, you might get some back.

But I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

But it is is scam.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is ok. That was what I was suspecting anyway. I just wanted to ask to clarify my suspicions. Thank you for your honesty. And thank you for the link. I just want to ask another thing. If I contact the police through this website, will they come to my house? The thing is I don't want to draw too much attention to the issue and would rather contact the police confidentially through emails

Sure.

You can go via Action Fraud

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you.

Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor