How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2910
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

National. I got information from the websites that when my

This answer was rated:

I am EU national. I got information from the websites that when my wife applies for EU family permit then she will get 6 months permit to come to UK and after 6 months she can apply for pre-settled permit. I wonder if her 6 months permit finishes after 30th June, 2021, then can she apply for the EU family permit according to the new law?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from Sweden. I have planned to come to UK next month and apply for NI number and as soon I get it I will apply for pre-settled permit
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet. I need to know the steps that I need to take for me and for my wife who is a non-eu citizen
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is nothing special acutally

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Have you applied under the EU Scheme to secure your own EU rights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet...I am still in Sweden and planning to move to UK

Yes it is correct that once your wife - Non-EEA National arrives in the UK, she would be issued with a Six months EEA Family Permit. This document is valid for six months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What steps I need to take to move from Sweden to UK

Once she comes to the UK, she comes to the UK, she needs to apply for a N.I. This also applies to you. I will send you a link

You have the right of admission to enter the UK and enter with either your Sweden passport and/or ID Card.

You can then apply for N.I number and apply under the EU Settlement scheme,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When is the last date to enter in UK for me
Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have clicked on the premium service: phone call

Yes there appears to be a problem with the connection. I will try again.

If you do have any other questions - kindly open up a new post and mark for my attention - Lawyer21. Thank you