Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I want to come clean to my potential landlord about

I want to come clean to my potential landlord about something before we possibly get property recently viewed.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Property is in Ireland. 3 bedroom apartment. But if we move in we'd be violating one of the rules and I think the landlord deserves to know as there are other parties interested and l think they'd be more deserving. You see, there are actually 4 of us & I think we should wait till 4 bedroom comes up on the market.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Only 3 unrelated persons allowed to stay meaning one of us would be illegally renting. I don't want that. I want to tell landlord so he'd pick other party over us for apartment. A rushed and illogical decision was made on our behalf. I just don't want my friends knowing I told the landlord. I was hoping the landlord would just give it to someone else if I tell him & my friends won't know I told the landlord the truth.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's the issue covered, I just want to come clean to the landlord.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie, I feel it is the right thing to tell the landlord the truth but I'm hesitant because my friends can't know that I told the landlord. There are other parties interested in the property and I think the landlord should give it to one of them. We made a rushed & illogical decision that I was never happy with and I think it would be in all our best interests if we wait for a 4 bedroom to come up. I'm hoping the landlord would give the property to someone else without my friends knowing I told the landlord the truth as they wouldn't appreciate me for that. We'd be finding out in 2-3 days if we're selected for the property but I feel I should tell the landlord the situation so he could make a better decision. I'd rather be patient and wait till a 4 bedroom comes up instead of one of us illegally renting a 3 bedroom because that's not right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction, my number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
353879841897
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see my rectified phone number?

A colleague has accepted the call. They will ring shortly.