12826847

I am director of a limited Company. A State body owns 10% of

Customer Question

I am director of a limited Company. A State body owns 10% of the company. This same state body is now blocking me from trading is this legal?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, no union.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im in Ireland.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Can you better explain the situation. What area is your company trading in? What does it do? What State body in Ireland has 10% of your limited company? Upon what basis is this same State body preventing you from trading? What statutory provision has it cited? What are you being prevented from doing by it? What powers are they purporting to be relying upon?