Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Back in 2011 I purchased a vehicle for my business at that

Hi Back in 2011 I purchased a vehicle for my business at that time it was a limited company the finance was arranged in the other directors name and we had to pay a deposit and the vat so the other director paid that and I was going to pay the monthly payments that I did for the 3 year term the company has since been dissolved but the other director is now taking me to court for the money he put into the business but surely as he was a director at the time he would be expected to share any losses or gains there was never a loan agreement at the time I have since tried to pay him some money back as a gesture of good will how do I stand in lawNorman
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your message, provided the car was in the name of the business rather than your name personally then the other director was equally responsible for the business and took the risk of any investments into the business. Therefore, I do not consider the other director will be able to successfully claim against you. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that’s what I thought and yes the vehicle was in the company name

Glad I could help, take care.