How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8124
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Need help

This answer was rated:

need help

Thanks for the message.

How can I assist?

Please bear in mind it's the weekend so replies will most likely be delayed.

plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Form E has voluntarily exchange however my ex wife is demanding the sale of property where the equity in the property is negative
she is also demanding spousal maintainence since she has lost the job and my son lives with her she has not given me shared custody
my in debt obligation and cant afford the spousal maintainence also i dont want to loose the house
what can you tell me what should be your opinion

Can you set out some facts and figures for me?

  • how long have you been married?
  • do you own property and when was this purchased?
  • is there a mortgage, and how much?
  • do either of you have savings/ pensions?
  • do you have children, and if so how old are they?
  • who is their main carer (if applicable)?
  • do you both work and if so do you earn similar amounts?