james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My partner and I took out our annual holiday insurance with

Customer Question

My partner and I took out our annual holiday insurance with Staysure our policy number 18197494 on the 3.11.19. But as the year been taken by this Covid 19 our holidays we booked by Titan travel have been cancelled. So in March of this year I phoned Staysure for a refund but was told to leave it for a month. Today I phoned to ask for refund or an extension to our insurance and told no refund and extension we would have to pay. The insurance cost was £530.01 but has our holidays have been cancelled due to no thought of ours a refund I thought would help. But alas no help from Staysure.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have not talked to anyone. We live in the U.K. at Ash Vale Surrey.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have phoned Staysue on the 12.3.20 and also today at 15.20 but no joy.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Expert:  james bruce replied 2 months ago.

How did you pay staysure and how didmyounpaynfor your holiday.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid Staysure by my Barclaycard. The holidays we only paid the deposit which we will get back at end of July.

Is that barclaycard credit or debit type.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
barclaycard credit

That is very good.

If staysure are giving you the run around and not covering you.

Because you paid Staysure using a credit card, you can then rely on

Section 75 consumer credit act 1974 to help you. Your credit card company become liable jointly and severally with Staysure for any breech.

Contact Barclaycard and inform them you wish to make a claim under Section 75 consumer credit act 1974, they will send you a claims form and you can make a claim for your money back due to breech.

Expert:  james bruce replied 1 month ago.

Hello just checking back to see if I can assist further. Here to help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.