How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8886
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Made redundant without holiday or notice pay, Nottingham,

This answer was rated:

Made redundant without holiday or notice pay
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottingham
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing as of yet- received p45 today
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think the company lied about our furlough pay also

Hi thank you for your message, how long were you employed for? To confirm you were made redundant as opposed to dismissed? You had no redundancy notice or pay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been employed since 05/08/19. We were told we were getting furlough after we were told to close on 20/03/20. We were never given a written agreement for furlough. We received one payment (unagreed amount) for April. We were then told in the last week that the next furlough application was ‘refused’ and we would not be getting anymore furloughThey paid 80% of wages ‘from their own funds’ today- as payment for May. we have been given p45s today and told we will not be getting holiday or notice pay at all . They plan to close the business and will not be reopening when allowed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe they have lied about putting us on furlough as ACAS informed me that you do not reapply each month, so if we were accepted in April we would still be receiving furlough payments.

Hi thank you for your message, well you do have a legal recourse for not having redundancy pay or redundancy notice and you can certainly engage an employment solicitor to bring legal action but you should be aware that if the business closes you might not be able to get your money though you can hopefully claim against the assets of the company. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case employment law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you