Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Hiya was wondering if you can help I've ordered and paid for

Hiya was wondering if you can help I've ordered and paid for some tyres to be delivered to my local garage who I have used on several occasions and is my regular garage how ever they arrived today but because of everything going on in the world dpd the couriers did not put my details on the tyres how ever I showed them the time and date of tram
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Transaction on my online account also a confirmation email with a passport and driving license and debit card I paid on also the email to say that they been delivered I've sent a email to the tyre company tyreleader where i got them and my local dpd who delivered them but with the present times all i can do is wait 10 days for a response i want to know where i stand with this and if they have the right to hold goods that dont belong to them thank you so much
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I'm in Winchester bishop Waltham Hampshire uk all this over tyres honestly lol
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6QT2312)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6G761SQ)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wait its inportant please

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

I am not with you. Are you saying tyres were delivered but the garage say not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i paid for the tyres online and to be delivered to the garage i got a confirmation email to say they been delivered i went and checked and he showed me they were there they then sed pop back Saturday morning ar 10.30 to have them fitted when i did a different guy sed that i cant have them as my details are not on the tyres just what was in the pictures i showed him all the details as i mentioned but he refusing to give them to me has he got the right to do this the garage was only fitting them thank you dave.

I am not with you, so they are different tyres from the ones you ordered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there the right tyres nothing wrong with them just my name wasn't on them so they refused to give them to me even tho i showed them numerous proof of purchase and payment including email and bank statements

The garage refused? On what basis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cause my details were not present on the tyres but i had proof that i had ordered from the company and the time and date matched from my confirmation email and delivery email think dpd must of left my details off by mistake tried speaking to dpd but customer service is currently closed due to whats going on

Do you want to get a Court order to make them release it to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its sad i have to do all this there worth £110 how much would a court order cost then and is that the only option i have thank you for your help so far.

The Court fee is £308, thats regardless of value.

But you can seek your costs back from the garage if the Court grants the order.

You would need to complete forms N1:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

And N16a:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

The court will set the matter down for hearing and decide whether to order they release it.

If the Court does and they refuse, this could be contempt of Court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.
That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help im just affraid spending £308 extra especially if the court does not grant the garage to pay it back

I agree. But sadly the Court fee is the same whether its a claim for £100 or £1,000,000.