Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Workmanship from a guy doing work for me. Moved light switch

Workmanship from a guy doing work for me. Moved light switch told my daughter fuse box very old but went ahead. Took cupboard out and was making a new one just to cover gas meter. He has used all old wood and door it was to give me more floor space. All it's done is reduce cupboard height . The fuse box cupboard was making smaller. Had to ask him why he hadn't done that he replied he can't do it. Had a builder look at work and totally agreed it was disgusting. He also told me my fuse box needs changing its not safe.
JA: Where is your daughter? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It's my address Bletchley Milton Keynes Mk2 3NF
JA: What steps has your daughter taken so far?
Customer: My daughter was just here as I had to work. The job should have been 2 to 3 day's. Was here Thursday and Friday said needed to come back Saturday morning to finish. He text Saturday wasn't coming. That is when I asked him what was going on, All communication has been by email. Not happy to have him in my house. Damaged my lounge wall which he said he will sort out. He has put filler in the crack you see lower down there is none.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Rubbish was left on my driveway he kept saying would remove when job completed he had a van should have been removed end of each day I week on I have removed all rubbish had to clean my car, also been scrubbing paint and mess from my driveway.

Welcome to JA.

How can I help you regarding the circumstances given today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure where I go from here. He keeps asking for the balance . I'm beginning to feel very intimidated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sorry I can't afford to pay out the extra cost for phone call

From the circumstances given under the consumers rights act 2015 service provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill. It appears this right has been breached given the issues mentioned with works undertaken. Consequently the consumers rights act provides a number of remedies to help resolve this issue.

Before I proceed to discuss the remedies do you understand what I have stated if yes I will proceed to the next step.

Further please ignore the automated call request whilst I type too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand

The remedies available to you is price reduction which can be up to 100% of the amount paid, repairs until the issue is fixed and you can consider hiring someone else to do the job and then claim the money back from the person that did the defective works.

Therefore I suggest you consider getting someone to do a report on the works he has done which will become evidence that you have received a below par service. Then get a quote of the price to fix the mess the person did.

Send the report and the quote and inform him yo provide the money or if the balance equals to the quoted figure tell him to drop his claim and you will drop your potential claim too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

Please note you can also report the person to the trading standards regarding the defective works.

I hope I have clarified the position.

If yes please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you helped me with this query and I paid £5 however I said I could not afford the phone call but there has still be a further £50 taken from my bank account that I have not authorised and was not told about, I appreciate the advice but this was not what I agreed this needs to be rectified please asap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you can see I have had no reply from previous email. Can you please get this sorted did not sign up for anything. Could you please return my money

I suggest you contact JA customer service by sending an email to***@******.*** They can review the call charges mentioned.