james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I bought a pair of beats headphones from very costing £200

I bought a pair of beats headphones from very costing £200 it was on a buy now pay in 6 months (with instalments) I paid the first instalment thinking it was to set it up and I didn’t pay another payment until 2 months after purchasing which was the full total plus an extra £4 or so thinking that was the interest so I thought that was the end of it. 3 months later I received a phone call from very saying that I owed them £57, is there anything I can do about this

Have they explained what the £57 is actually for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah they said on the phone it was because I missed the second monthly payment it charged me for it and when I thought it was paid for i still owed £10+ on it outstanding and over the 3 months it had built to £57

So late payment charges.

From your account about not paying for two months, that would look reasonable. Most companies have a fee they would apply.

you could try and negotiate this done by calling them and speak with accounts department, not the customer services.

If they agree to reduce all well and good, If they don’t, then unfortunately you,would be liable to pay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks for your help