james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I've just had an invite to a police interview. as I am being

Hi, I've just had an invite to a police interview. as I am being accused of a public order offence due to an incident back in March. They did not say under which section they were looking to take action on. I assume they'll say once I've given my side of the story. The incident occurred because, a woman in a car reversed, did not check her mirrors and nearly hit myself and my infant daughter. This negligence had me worried for the safety of myself and my daughter so in a reaction I shouted at the driver and exchanged some strong words. should I be worried about the implications of this going further with the police?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have not spoken to a lawyer and I live in Buckinghamshire, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, I have agreed to voluntarily speak to the police by appointment which is next week.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I feel that the person who reported this incident to the police is trying to play 'The Victim' in all this. The incident took place outside of my daughters nursery, and I did chat with the nursery manager about the incident the next day. I also was open to arbitration via the nursery to sort the incident out to avoid any further animosity.

Hello I am a criminal law solicitor-advocate I will assist you today.

Hello from your account above and what happened.it appears that the other driver having been embarrassed by her poor driving has complain to police about you shouting at her.
The most likely offence Police would be looking at is section5 of the public order act 1986.

Harassment, alarm or distress.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)uses threatening or abusive words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour

within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you James. Although this incident happened a while ago, I thought nothing would emerge from this. can I make a counter-claim on the driver. for any sort of reckless behaviour?

If this is the first time you have been interviewed Incan go though the whole presses if that helps.

Yes, you could claim she was driving with our due care and attention (careless driving)

Can I assist further, here to help,you.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much for your help. I will rate you 5*.