Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I been involved with a Ponzi scheme on the internet. I

Hi I been involved with a Ponzi scheme on the internet. I believe the company to be registered in the USA. Even though I did speak to one or the only person behind it and he was African in accent. What do I do? Who do I talk to investigate to get my money back and find out more about them to bring them to justice?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in the UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can we ask the internet domain provider to provide us with the onwers name and address? Can we get the US Voip provider to disclose who they sold their service to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can wait.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just need to know can we find out the real people who are registered to this website and a Voip number? Both of which are in the USA. Also they have a fake Companies House registration in the UK, with a none existent address.

Hi thank you for your message, they will not disclose this information except to law enforcement. Therefore, you should report this to action fraud to investigate here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

The police may be able to obtain this information and liase with relevant international counterparts to resolve this issue. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, So I've just reported this to Action Fraud. Also to the ico.org.uk - Information Commission. Also to cifas.org.uk Fraud Prevention. We know there domain provider and website host. Is there anyway a lawyer could send a letter for these companies to provide their details to us?

No a letter from a lawyer is not sufficient it would require a court order or as I say law enforcement. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think I can apply for a court order?

Hi thank you for your message, realistically I think you need to be prepared for the police to pursue this matter so far as they can.