Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Regarding section 21 and 8 served on me and what I need to

Regarding section 21 and 8 served on me and what I need to know during lockdown and the laws
JA: Where are you and the I? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you and the I taken so far?
Customer: Excuse me What is I ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I have a few questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA.

What would you like to know about the notice served on you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’d like know the following..Are they actually supposed to be serving notice on us during lockdown?It says on the section 21 notice I have to leave by sept 4th, which is exactly 3 months, does the section 8 follow the same rule?

Are they actually supposed to be serving notice on us during lockdown?

Yes they can serve the notice but it may be difficult to enforce it in court in the event you dont leave the property will be difficult. This is because the court will not be considering eviction application until August 2020. Please see the link below regarding this point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52941046

This date may be extended again too so please pay attention to the news on this point.

It says on the section 21 notice I have to leave by sept 4th, which is exactly 3 months, does the section 8 follow the same rule?

Yes it does under the Corona Virus Act 2020 ut states 3 months must be given before court action is considered in the event the tenant does not leave the property by the 3 months notice period.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

I note you have reviewed the answer given.

If i have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.Could you please tell meOn which date are landlords legally allowed to issue the section 21, as I thought it was sometime in July.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be happy to put the rating, I just need some more info many thanks

Landlords can issue a section 21 notice anytime after the fixed agreement has ended. However they need to give you the minimum of 3 months notice.

Do you understand what I have stated if not please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so my tenancy ran out on 29th May - the landlord has issued section 8On the section 21 however - it’s says that in 3 months I should leave (sept 4th )It states that after 4th sept, I do not have responsibility for rent after that date and I’m expecting to leave.As myself and the landlord didn’t come to any agreement and I am out of contract.Can I leave the property whenever I choose in the 3 month period ?I owe currently 500 £
Can he still take me to court if I have already left the property before sept 4th ?Thanks ***** decide

Thanks for the further questions.

Given the follow up questions please rate the assistance for the intial query. Once rated I will proceed to discuss your further questions noted at no costs.

Please do not open a new question once rated as I will answer the question noted in this post.

You can leave earlier but I suggest you serve a counter notice giving a month notice.

Yes your landlord can still take you to court for the rent arrears even if you leave before the 4th of September.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ***** was to give him notice say that I leave on 4th Aug and I leave owing less than a months rent, £500 approx.. is it in his interest to still make a court slot which he won’t get until mid to late sept ? If I’ve left
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As if I’m in trouble financially and having to find accommodation, I will need all the money I have in which to move. If I am still owing when I leave I would offer a payment plan , I think it’s reasonable under the current circumstances, I think a judge would probably see my side of things ..

That's a decision for the landlord to consider and there may be other reasons to consider court action I.e money to repair damage to the property he believes you have caused.

Alternatively he may think there is no point going to court and getting nothing in return after spending money on court fees because you cant afford to meet the payment requested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks AnthonyWhat’s your specialist subjects? I have some questions regarding government loans for business and ferlow system., is there a way to pay you like a tipping system?

Your welcome

Unfortunately although I have some knowledge regarding the subject you raised however I know there are experts on Just Answer that are better equipped than I to tackle your questions around the area. Therefore rather than risk not giving you an answer not worth what you are going to pay, I suggest you raise a new question and one of the experts will give you an answer worth what you are paying for.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks all the best