james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have worked for my company for ten years. I have an

I have worked for my company for ten years. I have an employment contract.My boss (a coach company owner) has sold the land which the business operates from. The new company taking over has said they’re not buying the old business but they’re taking on some of the contracts and may take a couple of staff on.Do I have TUPE rights even though the new company is claiming to be buying the land and not the old business? They’ve promised me a job but I’ve had nothing in writing.Thank you

If the new company are only purchasing company assets from the old firm then TUPE does not apply

It would come down to an argument at tribunal as to whether the purchase of some of the contracts were considered TUPE, or whether they could be classed as an asset being sold