Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I dropout my postgraduate degree on 2016and I am overstayed

Hi, i dropout my postgraduate degree on 2016and I am overstayed in uk for last three years, but I want to study now can i continue my studies in same university or different university. Please help me
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't filed any paperwork with the uk government and I live in the United kingdom. I am from India
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet, I am thinking about that
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Yes you can approach your previous Tier 4 educational provider provided it is still on the list of recognised Sponsors.

However, if you are issued with a CAS, you will need to return back and apply from overseas and then re-enter on a Tier 4 Student visa.

When did you overstay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I overstayed from October 2016

When did you arrive in the Uk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
September 2015

At present given your current situation you would need to return and come back to the UK, as a Tier 4 Student Migrant.

Before you go, I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I going back to india I can come back immediately

You would need to pay from your own ticket and do a voluntary departure. You will however be subject to a ban as you have overstayed inside the UK

Paragraph 320(7B) says that entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom is to be refused:

where the applicant has previously breached the UK’s immigration laws (and was 18 or over at the time of his most recent breach) by:

(a) Overstaying;

(b) breaching a condition attached to his leave;

(c) being an Illegal Entrant;

(d) using Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain, or in order to obtain documents from the Secretary of State or a third party required in support of the application (whether successful or not);

unless the applicant:

(i) Overstayed for-

(a) 90 days or less, where the overstaying began before 6 April 2017: or

(b) 30 days or less, where the overstaying began on or after 6 April 2017

and in either case, left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State;

(ii) used Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain, or in order to obtain documents from the Secretary of State or a third party required in support of the application more than 10 years ago;

(iii) left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 12 months ago;

(iv) left the UK voluntarily, at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 2 years ago; and the date the person left the UK was no more than 6 months after the date on which the person was given notice of liability for removal, or no more than 6 months after the date on which the person no longer had a pending appeal or administrative review; whichever is the later;

(v) left the UK voluntarily, at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 5 years ago;

(vi) was removed or deported from the UK more than 10 years ago or;

(vii) left or was removed from the UK as a condition of a caution issued in accordance with section 22 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 more than 5 years ago.

Therefore, you will be subject to a 12 months Immigration re-entry ban - but you must pay for your own ticket and do a voluntary return.

Thank you for your question today

Kindly do remember to provide a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit - Thank you.