12826847

I took out a phone contract and let someone else use it they

Hi I took out a phone contract and let someone else use it they have neglected to pay last few months and still have the phone what can I do ??
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Weymouth Dorset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to contact him and had no respronse
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

do you mean to avoid a default?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have taken a phone contract out and let someone else use phone they have not paid for past two months and are not responding to my texts
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What foi do not want phone calls thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel phone call request
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
UnEare of additional charges
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unaware

Sorry for the delay.

Ok, but what do you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to get phone back at least or payment to phone contract owing

Oh I see.

Have you paid the providers ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The phone has not been paid for past two months by person I have phone to use so I believe o will have to pay for that but would like to get phone back from other party

Sorry for the delay.

You can just demand the return of the phone within 7 days and if he does not return it report it to the police. The failure to return it turns a lawful loan into a theft as he has kept it too long.

As to the issue of the bill, you do have the option to sue them for the amount that was due although you would have to pay it first.

The small claims court is not expensive and he may just pay when he gtes the issued claim.

Hope this helps,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you that had been very helpful

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you that had been very helpf

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.