Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I gave an estate agents £275 as a holding deposit but never

I gave an estate agents £275 as a holding deposit but never signed the agreement I have since found another property can I get my money back
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Romford Essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only a text request to return the money
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just to know my rights

Welcome to JA.

Unless you can sort show the estate agent pulled out of the deal before you did then unfortunately you will struggle to recover the money back.

That said it's worth having a go by asking for the money back on the basis of an unsigned agreement. However if they say no then I suggest you dont push it because they have good grounds to say an agreement was entered into given the fact you transferred the money to them. I.e actions speaks louder than words.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given and close the question which will prevent further reminders sent out to you.

Thanks and stay safe.