How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I am asking help for a friend. She is splitting up from her

This answer was rated:

hi...i am asking help for a friend. She is splitting up from her boyfriend and have a 14 month old daughter together. The baby is still breast fed but the father took the baby for the weekend anyway..she does not want to deny him time with his daughter but at the same time, a baby so small, needs stability rather than one day in one place and tmrw in another. What can she do in this situation?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: they were never married... last thing, ecause he baceme aggressive, police removed him from the house
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: She live in clacton on sea...and she has contacted a solicitor but awaiting decision for funding
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no...not really...just want some advice....what is best to do in this situation

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The starting point is that if the father is on the birth certificate then he has the same rights - parental responsibility - as the mother. That said most courts would consider that what is appropriate at this age is a couple of visits or a few hours a week for the cold with the father. This would over time usually go to alternate weekends for the father and perhaps a tea time in the week. If he is being aggressive or is a risk then such contact would be supervised initially, rather than weekends away. At this age, the father really ought to be telling mother where he is taking the child. I have to help attached a link to a great book -

Please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u...unfortunately he is on the birt certificate. She is afraid that because she is romanian and he is british, he will win custody. He has threatened her in the past that will to everything in his power for their daughter to live with him. This strikes me as narcissistic gesture, putting his ego before his daughters wellbeing. She is texting me now that he took her, only to leave her at his parents.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have not reach a court yet....this only happed a week ago.

He country of birth will not factor In the court's deliberations. The book shoddy really help.