james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Does a Police Investigator Officer on a ongoing criminal

Hi, Does a Police Investigator Officer on a long ongoing criminal investigationn be changed to a different one when they are transfered to a different location within the Police?
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: As I explained above, it is "a long ongoing criminal investigation" that I am the witness of and in the long process of collating evidence while keep preparing a statement as instructed by the OIC
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

That would be an internal matter for the local force to decide. Operational circumstance may dictate this happens. There is nothing in law that an OIC cannot be changed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you James, That does not close the investigation automatically because an OIC is moved. Right?

Not at all, offices could move location, change force, resign , retire a whole matter of reasons. An OIC is basically just a liaison at that current time.

Please come back if you need more help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.