How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5151
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Does a Police Investigator Officer on a ongoing criminal

This answer was rated:

Hi, Does a Police Investigator Officer on a long ongoing criminal investigationn be changed to a different one when they are transfered to a different location within the Police?
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: As I explained above, it is "a long ongoing criminal investigation" that I am the witness of and in the long process of collating evidence while keep preparing a statement as instructed by the OIC
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

That would be an internal matter for the local force to decide. Operational circumstance may dictate this happens. There is nothing in law that an OIC cannot be changed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you James, That does not close the investigation automatically because an OIC is moved. Right?

Not at all, offices could move location, change force, resign , retire a whole matter of reasons. An OIC is basically just a liaison at that current time.

Please come back if you need more help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you