How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5194
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Afternoon, I hope your well, my brother has been calling non

This answer was rated:

Afternoon James,
I hope your well, my brother has been calling non stop since yesterday, claiming that he is getting verbally abused by the prison officers on his wing. I was wondering if it’s possible to get you to contact the prison or write a letter to that regard if it would help or not I really don’t know. As I can see his mental health really deteriorating.
To sum it up I want to know if it’s possible for a lawyer to right a letter to that effect if so would it be useful to scare the officers away and stop them from doing what he claims they are doing.
Many Thanks

Hello thanks for your message,

Unfortunately, the letter is something I would not be able to help with, I now work online only.

I can if you would like, give you contact details of a very good firm who specialise in Prison law close to where your brother is. They do Prison law legal aid. I have done agency working for them and them for me in the past.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please that would
Be highly appreciated.
Thank you