How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Need to speak to someone who is an expert in family law

This answer was rated:

Need to speak to someone who is an expert in family law please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

What is the question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all. Can anyone read this or is it kept confident

It can be kept confidential

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So here is the deal. Id like to know what my rights are. Im Icelandic and my children hold Icelandic passports as well as british. I split from my ex, not married, 3 years ago and Ive been trying to move to Denmark, where my parents and siblings live, ever since. My ex is portuguese and also has a british pasport.
My ex doesnt give me permission to move with my children. They live with me and see him everyother weekend. What are my rights here.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. As the children are habitually resident in the UK now, you would have to make an application to the court for a specific issue order to move, presumably to Iceland. The form is a C100 - you will need to show to the court that it is in the welfare interest of the children to move; that you are going for genuine reasons and would have a plan to maintain the other parent in the children's lives. I have to help attached a link to a great book which explains in detail the process and how best to go about it -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this end in court?
Where do I get the c100 form?

If it can not be agreed between you then it can end in court - hence recommending the book. I attach the form -

Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does my ex get notified if I fill in the C100 form and send it off?

He will get notified. Yes. I hope this helps and please are 5 stars.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it better to go through mediation first? If an agreement is not reached then move on to court?

Yes. It is always better to see if you can agree things. If it doesn't work then court. Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for your replies. How do I rate?

You can just rate with the stars or confirm by return.

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page.

ivorylounge and 7 other Law Specialists are ready to help you