james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have agreed a price with a main Land Rover dealer for a

Hi, I have agreed a price with a main Land Rover dealer for a car for the advertised price of £32000, I paid a deposit to reserve the with a view to travelling down to the garage to finalise the deal, I have had an email stating the original price from them as a breakdown of options of how to pay, the £500 pound has also gone out of my account, they have since advertised the car for £5000 more and have contacted me a short while ago to try to wriggle out of the deal, can you please tell me where I stand with my rights, thank you and kind regards, ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet as the salesman whom I first dealt with said that his sales manager will ring me tomorrow morning, I did state a number of times to him that we agreed the price of £32000 and he agreed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I don’t want them to back out of the deal which I think they are trying to

Hello I will assist.

They have to continue with the price agreed and for which you paid your deposit to reserve the vehicle.

They entered into a legally binding contact with you.
All elements of contract law exist.

There was an offer by you, acceptance by them, consideration the deposit paid by you in exchange for the vehicle, Intention to form a contract, and finally contractual capacity both parties are able and legally allowed to make the contract.

If they Gail to stick to the contract you can sue them for breach of contract

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your much appreciated advice, I will contact you if I need further advice, many thanks and kind regards, Alan.