Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I have been offered a job in the uk. I would like to go

Hello, I have been offered a job in the uk. I would like to go there with my partner. We are not married, and we would like to know what options do we have? I know there is an unmarried visa, however we have been living together for a little over a year, no the two years required for that kind of Visa. I am spanish, my partner is Ecuadorian. We live in Madrid. He has been here as a student for almost 3 years
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We have not taken any steps yet, nor filed any paperwork. We live in Spain. My partner is Ecuadorian, I am Spanish
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No we haven't
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have been offered a job in the uk. I would like to go there with my partner. We are not married, and we would like to know what options do we have? I know there is an unmarried visa, however we have been living together for a little over a year, not the two years required for that kind of Visa. I am spanish, my partner is Ecuadorian. We live in Madrid. He has been here as a student for almost 3 years

Thanks for your question.

As you are a Spanish national - you can enter the UK with your Spanish passport or ID Card and will be given right of admission to take up your employment in the UK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I can enter, the question is about what to do in order to go with my partner

Do you have plans to get married?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not right now

You do not meet the requirements of unmarried partner and as I understand do not intend to get married

However, she can come to the UK on a normal visit visa until you decide what your plans are.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But its possible to change his status if he enters the UK as a tourist?

Not from the UK, he would need to return back and apply for entry clearance until you meet the 2 years unmarried requirement or get married and then for him to come on EEA Family permit.

The six month's visa does not allow you switch or make application from inside the UK.

If he plans to come to the UK on a Student visa - with a view to get married later on in the UK, then yes he can apply from inside the UK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok , thank you very much

Most welcome

Thank you for your question

Before you go, I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

Where it says Rating - you will need to submit on the stars and press submit - Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon

The purpose of the rating is to continue to assist others and provide a high level of service on Justanswer.