Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am looking to open a company in Ireland and in Egypt while

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am looking to open a company in Ireland and in Egypt while having the company in Ireland managing all business in Europ and the one in Egypt handling all business in the middle east, how can I make them the same company but separate financial entity, like the profit made by the one in Egypt, would stay in Egypt and the profits made by the one in Ireland would stay in Ireland
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for your help, looking forward to your reply.

1. You will need a separate entity for each operation unless you simply want the entity to be managed as one. Essentially, whilst it is possible to separate the treasury operation of each operation, they would be assimilated for the purposes of taxation, management control so it would be viewed as being localised in one jurisdiction. It is not possible to have a limited company which is localised in both Ireland and Egypt. So, I would suggest you set up a group company which holds two subsidiaries, one of which is based in Ireland and handles the Irish operation and one based in Egypt and which handles the Egyptian operation. Then the profits for each operation would remain in the country in which they were generated, namely, the profits from Egypt in Egypt and those from Ireland in Ireland.

2. If you require any clarification, I will be happy to help. Thank you for using the website. Please use the buttons at the top of the screen to accept or rate the answer as otherwise your Expert remains unpaid by the website despite answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, Would you be able to guide me to the process of incorporating a group company?

3. This is purely a Question and Answer website. So, you should speak with a Company Formation Agent about the process of incorporating a group of companies as they will have a suite of options and provide you with advice on the process of best maximising what you want to achieve.