How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2914
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Am I talking to a AI bot? from the United Kingdom, London, I

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Am I talking to a AI bot?
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: from the United Kingdom, London
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I want to change my family name if is possible
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm from Romania, living in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to change my name Legally in the UK as I am from Romania with romanian documents.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Without flying back to Romania
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if specific documents require from the government
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please let me know about this and what documents is necessary from both countries

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond.

You can changed your name (any part of it) from inside the United Kingdom by way of a process called 'Name Change By Deed Poll'.

I will send you a link on how to apply. This is a legal document recognised for changing your name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I’m romanian?

You can take the document to the London Embassy of Romanian, in the UK to see if they will accept this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I don’t want to travel back in romania
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you do know any specific on this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or to find out if is possible

This legal document can be used immediately to reflect your new name and you need to let all necessary authorities known of your new name.

So for example if your Romanian passport is in your old name - you would need to get this changed as well using the legal document so this will mean you will not need to travel to Romanian.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I can’t change my name without letting know the romanian authorities and probably I need some documents from there to run this process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that I can change my passport if I have that legal document
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to know more

You are required to change your passport and start using the new name and notify all the relevant authorities.

The name change is from inside the UK and the document can be used if necessary in Romanian.

Thank you for your question today

Before you go, I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Most welcome and have a nice evening

You would need to click on where it says Rating - click on the stars and press submit. Many thanks to provide the rating.

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you