How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3229
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I have a problem my father is in social care put in place by

This answer was rated:

i have a problem my father is in social care put in place by social worker and when my father was sound of mine he spent time at home with the care been given to my nieces but now he has been put in care home has his capasity to undersanding has changed and he doesnot have capacity this has now split up family siblings my fathers children not grandchildren can i complain about what his social worker has donr
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in liverpoolbut my father lives in southampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: there is four chiuldren involved and two grand children we are now at the stage that social services have put in place we go to court to decice what to do next but i am not understanding what i can do next because social services have decided this is the right thing and told my neice she has more control then me as a daughter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: have i nhave any rights to complain about this and how i go about putting my complaint in action

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry what do you mean by my website?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like to talk on my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ross are we still connected

Yes we are still connected I deal with multiple issues at once so there is sometimes a delay. Can you tell me what you think the social work has done wrong specifically, what would be the main basis of your complaint? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has had numeruse conversations with my niece by email but has not sent any corraspondence to me or my brother i think this was rwrong on her behalf we are my fathers children not my niece
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has caused alot of anomosity towards family

Ok thank you I understand. So if you wish to make a complaint then there is a process you have to follow. Firstly, you have to complain directly to the social work themselves and follow this process through. However, if you don't get the result you want then you can escalate your complaint. So if the social work don't resolve your issue the at that point you will want to make a complaint to the government ombudsman. They will do a operate investigation into your complaint and have the power to put the social worker to call upon what they have done. However, prior to contacting the ombudsman then you have to go though social work complaints process first, otherwise the ombudsman will just tell you to go back and do that.

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you