How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8826
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have a standing issue with a credit card company. In 2004

This answer was rated:

I have a long standing issue with a credit card company. In 2004 I was unable to meet the payments due to myocardial infarction and unable to return to my job. I tried to claim on the PPI policy I held to cover my payments. The credit card company messed me around for over 18 months, asking for more and more information, including a GP report which was provided (and fortunately still have record of completing) 2006 they, and the DCA they passed my account to, took me to court and obtained a charge on my property. In the court bundle, the credit card company denied, by way of sworn statement to the DCA, that the PPI existed on the account they were taking me to court for and were therefore successful in obtaining a charge on my property. I have disputed and challenged this issue ever since. In August 2019, the same credit card company refunded and compensated me for the miss-sold PPI policy, having suddenly, now tracing it, that in 2006 they denied the existence of. I have raised this complaint with them yet again, and they are still refusing to take matter seriously, despite the evidence I hold from the original court bundle and now more recently the letter confirming my PPI refund for the very account the credit card company told the court did not have one.
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: England. The credit card was taken out circa 1998.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: As detailed above
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou.

Hi thank you for your message, normally I would recommend going to the financial ombudsman but given the nature of this issue I recommend instead engaging a financial regulation solicitor to take this matter to court for you to get the original charging order overturned and compensation. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you at the hearing you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case financial regulation law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you