Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I just went to creams a desert and ice cream shop and got

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i just went to creams a desert and ice cream shop and got ice cream to take away my child started choking and I was rubbing his back and pushing it trying to help him and out comes a sharp bit of plastic out the ice cream witch made his throat bleed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing it has just happend
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: hes ok now just wondering what the best thing to do is

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do you want to sue for compensation?
I dont think you would get more than £20,000 or so for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don’t know what is the best thing to do

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will call shortly, will show as withheld

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I missed the call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can’t find the step by step guid on how to deal with this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can’t find the step by step guid of how to go about this situation

1) You write and ask for compensation

2) if they refuse then you issue proceedings

3) you do that at moneyclaim.gov.uk

4) if the admit or do nothing you get Judgement and the money

5) if they contest it goes before a judge to decide