james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can I ask about driving conviction? uk, Nothing, no thanks

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Can I ask about driving conviction?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks just that is

Hello I will assist today

how may I help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have driving convictions since the beginning of 2019 and I have paid off the charges put on and driving ban completed
Now my question is can I ask the court to lift the conviction on my license because couldn’t afford insurance or should I loose my job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there

Hello.
Just to confirm, you have paid the fine imposed, and completed the ban period is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it’s correct

Then now, you contact DVLA and request your licence back. You need to request it, as they do not automatically send it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my license already months ago

Ok, then in that case you can now drive.

The conviction remains in place, that is not removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it’s not removed only the ban and fine are lifted

That is correct. The conviction remains

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s my question how can I request to remove it ?

It would depend what the offence was and the code of the offence.Different offences stay on licence for different times.

If you can confirm the type of driving conviction I can advise when and how to remove it from the licence

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the license It’s recorded till 2022/2023
Now as there’s no public transport service with the pandemic I got trouble to get to work and home this is the reason I’m asking for some legal advice and support if it’s acceptable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To request lifting the conviction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Codes of the conviction are
IN10,Lc20 and CD10

The endorsement is ‘valid’ for the first 3 years, for a 4-year endorsement.

That means it remains on your licence for 4 years but only count for the first 3. At the end of year 4, you can send licence to DVLA and they remove it.

You can not remove it any sooner, that is the minimum time period.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it says on the recording but my question is can loosing my job could be a special reason?

No not in relation to this matter.
Special reasons/ exceptional hardship argument is something you can put to the court to ask them not to disqualify you if you would be a totter and reach 12 points. If the argument is successful, the points and conviction stands, but you don’t get disqualified.

The conviction and endorsement remain in place for the duration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks

It really does not make sense why they stay for 4 years when they only count for 3.

But unfortunately that is the system we are stuck with.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.