How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5117
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My daughter had a visitor last night that stayed 1 hour

This answer was rated:

My daughter had a visitor last night that stayed 1 hour against lockdown rules her land lady has issued her with a 7 day quit notice to leave this morning. Also her landlady moved her dad into the house .my daughter is 20 years old and a student as is her landlady . What can we do my daughter has another 3 weeks until her new accommodation is available and feels very intimidated with the older man in the house. What legal rights do we have?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Debt and we live in leeds.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: The dad arrived last night and issued her with a 7 day notice this morning.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My daughter had been isolating eith me in leeds before returning to derby to pack her things to move.

Hello I will assist

from what you say I imagine your daughter was a lodger in a room rather than a tenant is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has rented the house for a year with 2 other girls. 1 of which is the landlady.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay that's fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
legally can the dad be in the property and can the ask my daughter to leave?

Does your daughter have a contract for the rental? Also how does she pay her rent, weekly or monthly

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you