How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36777
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Ill get straight too it, I currently have a two year old and

This answer was rated:

Hell! Ill get straight too it, I currently have a two year old and a 10 month old. I am their primary carer and mother. Their father had them two days a week he lives in a pub and pays no rent or Bill's as it is a terms and conditions of his contract with his job. His comunication is very much below par. He is currently taking the girls over night to his girlfriend that I have never met and I have ask politely for an address for basic safe guarding. He is unwilling to communicate with me but insists on taking the children when ever suites him. I want the girls to see him but I do have concerns as he is very difficult go get hold of him once he has got them, he refused to a answer calls even if its its urgent. Hs will only text and that's is down to when he wants to. I just would like to know if we where to go to court what the outcome would be and what my rights are as a mother. I'm not looking to with hold my children by any means but I am looking for structure for them and better communication. He blows hot and cold and its causing me extreme anxiety. Can you please help me!
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No we where unmarried and he left while u was pregnant with my second his name us on both birth certificates. I have toyed making verbal and written agreements and contingency plans since before the baby has been born to make it as smooth as possible. Non I'd which he stuck too.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live on the isle of wight
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all. Thank you

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. It may well be necessary for you to apply to the court for a child arrangements order - which will put into a court order the arrangements for contact - it can set the times, days and rules so that they are consistent. You would apply on a form C100. I have to help you attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

You are entitled to the address for where the children will be staying. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont really want to go for joint custody while they are so young what would happen if he wanted to go for that? They are very little so I feel it would be incredibly unsettling for them to be split during this time in their lives.

There is always the risk that he can apply for joint custody, but you can oppose this application. The fact that you are the primary carer is very significant to the court when determining with whom the child should live. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather speak on the phone if possible as I've got a baby that needs my attention it's hard to message at this time.

Im unable to speak on the phone at the moment - happy to discuss by here

ivorylounge and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you