Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have been in a relationship and living in my partners home

i have been in a relationship and living in my partners home for the last 19 years , the partnership is now breaking up and it is looking like i will have nowhere to live as i am sure her next move is to ask me leave as i am living in her house what can i do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i have not taken any steps as yet there are no children involved
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Poweys mid wales
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of thank you
Have you been paying towards the mortgage if there is one? I take it you are not married? Have you contributed to significant improvements to the home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no mortgage ,you are right not married ,no i have not this house
If you are not married, have not contributed to a mortgage or made significant improvements to the property then you cannot make a claim on the house. If you are asked to leave you can contact the council about emergency housing. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok please continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will the Solicitor contact at some point via the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone there
Hi thank you for your message, I can ring you but my advice will not change. The call request money will be refunded if I do not call.