How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8820
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have been in a relationship and living in my partners home

This answer was rated:

i have been in a relationship and living in my partners home for the last 19 years , the partnership is now breaking up and it is looking like i will have nowhere to live as i am sure her next move is to ask me leave as i am living in her house what can i do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i have not taken any steps as yet there are no children involved
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Poweys mid wales
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of thank you
Have you been paying towards the mortgage if there is one? I take it you are not married? Have you contributed to significant improvements to the home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no mortgage ,you are right not married ,no i have not this house
If you are not married, have not contributed to a mortgage or made significant improvements to the property then you cannot make a claim on the house. If you are asked to leave you can contact the council about emergency housing. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok please continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will the Solicitor contact at some point via the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone there
Hi thank you for your message, I can ring you but my advice will not change. The call request money will be refunded if I do not call.