Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was given a start date for the police! which was July 27th

I was given a start date for the police! which was July 27th 2020, I have failed the vetting process on the grounds that I was banned from driving for 6 months. I am not currently banned and have my driving licence back!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Humberside
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't taken any yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The manager of the Vetting process that made the decision told me that if it was him he would be seeking legal advice as I shouldn't of been offered a start date for my training

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

why were you banned please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was banned as I had a motorbike accident in Dec 2018 and didn't know that I never had insurance. This was due to a missed payment in the August of 2018. I was given 6 points and that took me to 12 points. I received a 6 month ban and £900 fine

Ok, can I just be clear what your question is?

I can help with traffic and crime but not employment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wanting to know if I have grounds for appeal Jo? I was given start date of July 27th and now the vetting form has come back they have told me that I no longer will be considered for a job. I currently own my own business so I have cancelled large contracts in order tomato sure that I am amiable for the start that the recruitment team have told me. This all being said I have also agreed to sell my business tomorrow as a result, leaving me in a financial predicament

No my area then but I will opt out for others.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

But you were banned from driving - is that what they are saying?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was banned from driving but have served my ban and now have my licence back

I will call shortly, will show as withheld