How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36776
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My daughter has mental health issues and she attempted

This answer was rated:

My daughter has mental health issues and she attempted suicide in March. She has a son who went to his father's as they are parted. social services became involved and did a report over the phone and one face to face in our garden. In the report he weighted in heavily against my daughter without substantial evidence. Now her ex will be taking her to court to gain full custody. With my daughter's health being on the edge what do we do, where do we go? With covid there has been little to no support for her or us.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No but social services have dropped the case today and going to court has been mentioned. They intimated in the report that my daughter has been mentally abusing her son and the ex has taken that a read.
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: We don't know
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: When my daughter lived with the father he mentally abused her and financially abused her . She left after 3 years and came to Darlington were she went to Harbour and the freedom program to aid her through. The partner denies everything and puts it back on to her. The son has special needs and she has been fighting to get someone to assess him for 8 years and finally he has a diagnosis of Autism which the father refutes as all my daughter. He is now in a special school -Hartwell, Stockton, which father does not think he needs.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we wait to see when he has filed to the court? Is there anything we can do in the meantime?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. It is a good idea to wait until you see what is formally applied for in the court. I have however attached a link to a great book which explains the court process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will look into it ****


ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you