INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a 6 month contract with my landlord. Bristol, I want

Hi, I have a 6 month contract with my landlord.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Bristol
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I want to break by contract it’s a fixed contract for 6 months.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s hard to write all this down a second please

Thank you for your query. What exactly is your question in relation to this? Does your contract have a break clause?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. So I have a fixed 6 month contract that started on May 15. I wish to leave in mid August. The terms of the agent are very harsh. I’m giving them 2 month notice. Paragraph 4.10 doesn’t make sense.When I’m giving them 2 months advance notice..why will they charge me for the rest of the months until they get a new tenant?
In paragraph 4.10, it states that I give 2 months notice but at the end of the 4th month, which doesn’t make any sense as my contract is for 6 months, so I would the be leaving at the End of my contract only!
pls help.