LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

I have an employee on furlough which I’ve ask to contact

Hi, I have an employee on furlough which I’ve ask to contact 4weeks ago and since that she didn’t.. today she informed me that she was abroad in this time. Is an legal to claim money for her if she was no available to go back to work?
JA: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No But in her furlough later I’ve stated that she needs to be ready to go back to work anytime
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: She is my employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just would like to know if legally I’m standing

Welcome to Just Answer. I will be assisting you today with your query. Kindly note, this is not a chat service and my responses may be delayed due to assisting other users.

You may request a phone call through the site for an additional small fee. This is an automatic offer made by the system giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost.

Please could you clarify your query? Are you asking if you can still claim whilst she is abroad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can.

Is there anything else I can clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you

It's a pleasure.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of your screen for helping you. It’s important to leave a rating as this is how Experts are credited.

All the best.