John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I would like to know how I should proceed when an

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Good afternoon
I would like to know how I should proceed when an electricity company is being incorrect with customers.
since January we are having problems with British gas and electricity, we changed our invoice for charging with the card to pay a fixed amount per month. The company sent the card twice and we loaded it in the mail on the right day, but they continue to charge high amounts, they are very disorganized and liars, because when we set a value per month it should be included in their system. please help me because i can no longer stand to pay high amounts for this company.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Hello, how much have you been over charged? And have you spoken with them about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hiGood afternoon

Hi, I have read that, can you confirm how much you are being over charged and if you have spoken with them about this at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to speak English I just know how to write in English

That's ok, we can continue online. The phone call comes up automatically, I do not have control over it. If you do not press accept, you will not be charged.

Can you confirm how much you are being over charged and if you have spoken with them about this at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son has already called them several times, we also chatted, we have already tried several times to have a fixed amount per month, they say it is fixed but when I call their number to make the payment they charge another amount that was not agreed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we already had other problems and we are paying in installments to a collection company because they left us debtors without our fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i call her to make payment by phone a recording says i have to pay 128 pounds but i would have to pay 67 per month as agreed

Ok thanks.

You haven't mentioned how much you have been over charged nor advised if any resolution was put to you by the company so I will set out my advice below, which is generic on the steps you will need to take to try and fix this.

Step 1 - Complain to the company

Try to resolve the dispute by explaining your problem and what you want done about it. They will have an internal complaints procedure, follow it. You must make a formal complaint to them first. Make sure you keep evidence of any written communication.

Step 2 - Get a letter of deadlock

If they refuse to do what you ask to sort out the problem, ask for a "letter of deadlock" to show you've done all you can to resolve the complaint. If they fail to respond to this final letter within a reasonable period of time (say, 14 days), you can take your complaint to the Energy ombudsman.

The Energy Ombudsman is a free, independent and impartial service. They can get the supplier to correct the problem, apologise, respond to you and explain the issue, in some cases, make a financial reward.

Step 4 - Contact the ombudsman

Contact the ombudsman to submit your complaint https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

If you have questions or would like to speak to someone you can call 0330(###) ###-####or email at *****@******.***

Or you can contact them by post:

Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

Or by phone on 0330(###) ###-####/p>

The ombudsman will look at the dispute for you. They might contact you for more information, but there isn’t a hearing, as there is with a court case. Once the ombudsman has made its decision it will write to you and the company with details of the ‘award’.

If the award is in your favour (they agree with your complaint), this will include details of what the company must do to put things right.

Does this help? Please let me know. Please also leave a rating for me. You can do this by clicking the stars at the top of the page. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they did not present any solution until today i had never known such a disorganized company in my life anywhere in the world. it's not fair to pay for something we shouldn't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much for help me
have a nice day

No, it isn't fair, but if you follow the steps above, that should help resolve matters, and then you can look to change providers.

Does this clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure, happy to help. Come back to the site if you need anymore help. Please also leave a rating, you can do this by clicking the stars at the top of the page. All the best to you. John.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I would like to know why you have deducted 50 pounds from my account and I made just one consultation worth 5 pounds. I want them to return my money please and I want to cancel my membership
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't ask for a £ 50 consultation but asked for £ 5. I want to cancel any link with you please and I want my money back

Hello please email our customer service team for any financial questions as I do not deal with this aspect. They can be contacted on***@******.***