How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36777
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

It sounds stupid but I have a partner of 3 years and since

This answer was rated:

It sounds stupid but I have a partner of 3 years and since all of the virus out break we made the decision to move in together till the lock down is fully over. Since moving in my partners ex girlfriend has refused him the right to see his daughter because she doesn’t want her child around me or my house. She is telling members of his family that I am a drunk and substance abuser! All untrue. I have a son myself and a job and these accusations she is saying could affect my life if she mentions it to the wrong person and someone reports me to social services based off a lie. Do I have any right legal right to stop her making these accusations about me?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My partner is filing a c100 form to get custody reinstated but with regards ***** ***** deformation of me I haven’t done anything yet. I’m trying to find out if I have any legal grounds to demand she stop
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The court will be in portsmouth
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: im just asking if I have a legal right to file action about her making false accusations about me

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Yes. This person should not be slandering you in this fashion. I would be minded to get a local solicitor to write to them (would normally cost a couple of hundred pounds) and advise them that if they continue in this fashion you would seek an injunction against them and damages. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you