INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I need to get a document certified. How could I go about

I need to get a document certified. How could I go about this. It is a council tax document which proves that my partner, who is now my husband, now resides at the same address as I do.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Maidenhead, Berkshire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. We just have the document, but my husband wants to open a bank account, online, and they have requested this.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you very much!

Thank you for your query. You will need to take the original document to a local solicitor and have them look through, copy and then certify the document as a true copy of the original. If you do not receive paper statements, you will need to go to a local solicitor and have log onto your online account and llow the solicitor to print off the statement themselves and certify this.

Alternatively, you need to print the document and take it to your local council and have them certify it for you.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,