INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I run a small pushbike service and repair business. I picked

I run a small pushbike service and repair business. I picked up a customers bike to service 3weeks ago, she said she was unable to collect as she didnt get paid until the 4th so we agreed she'd collect on the 4th however she didnt come so I messaged and she replied that she was waiting for a cash transfer from her dad in Canada but that I had her bike as guarantee. It has now been almost another week and still no payment for work done and still have her bike taking up space in the workshop.

Thank you fo ryour query. What would you like to do? Do your terms and conditions allow you to charge for storage charges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have never encountered this before so havent got anything set up. Usually a customer brings the bike, its serviced/repaired then collected and paid for once work is completed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd prefer to type

If there is nothing in your terms and conditions, I would suggest that you contact the individual again and inform them that unless they collect their bike within 7 days, you will start charging storage charges and if it is not collected 14 days thereafter, it will be disposed of.

If at the end of the 21 days it is not collected, you can dispose of it.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,