Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We had a river cruise Holliday booked with Arena travel

We had a river cruise Holliday booked with Arena travel booked for 21 -28 may we paid the full amount on credit card it was cancelled because of corona virus they have offered us an alternative Holliday that we feel we can’t except or are money back in January 2021 is this acceptable

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

You can also speak to your credit card provider as they are jointly liable under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They may be able to charge it back without going to Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.