How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14309
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

FAO:,, got the response from the defendant representative

This answer was rated:

FAO: Jim,
Hi Jim,
got the response from the defendant representative regarding my letter you constructed for me.
See the attached letter and their response - and not sure why they CC's the Court...
Please advise.
Thanks !

Hi, they've thrown the dictionary at this haven't they.

I would probably not go for the application at this point - they say they will instruct a barrister to oppose so costs considerations may come in to this - instead you can send the court a copy of the email and their offers - and invite the court to grant you summary judgment in light of the offers which were "not" made without prejudice - meaning you can show the court. I also don't know in what capacity the law company are writing on behalf of the defendant - they are not on court record acting for the defendant.

Is the above OK?

Plus, if you feel like replying, you can remind them their "client" was going to pay the claim in full - except he couldn't accept it - and let's remind ourselves that the court action wouldn't have been necessary if their client had not been so flagrant with the consumer rights breaches.

JimLawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim,
thanks for your answer,
would you mind to construct me a covering letter as a response to their silly approach ?
I will post new questions, as i still need to fulfil the point from the judge order regarding witness statement.