JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:,, got the response from the defendant representative

FAO: Jim,
Hi Jim,
got the response from the defendant representative regarding my letter you constructed for me.
See the attached letter and their response - and not sure why they CC's the Court...
Please advise.
Thanks !

Hi, they've thrown the dictionary at this haven't they.

I would probably not go for the application at this point - they say they will instruct a barrister to oppose so costs considerations may come in to this - instead you can send the court a copy of the email and their offers - and invite the court to grant you summary judgment in light of the offers which were "not" made without prejudice - meaning you can show the court. I also don't know in what capacity the law company are writing on behalf of the defendant - they are not on court record acting for the defendant.

Is the above OK?

Plus, if you feel like replying, you can remind them their "client" was going to pay the claim in full - except he couldn't accept it - and let's remind ourselves that the court action wouldn't have been necessary if their client had not been so flagrant with the consumer rights breaches.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim,
thanks for your answer,
would you mind to construct me a covering letter as a response to their silly approach ?
I will post new questions, as i still need to fulfil the point from the judge order regarding witness statement.