12826847

I got my blood test back for drug driving it come back 17ug

Hello I got my blood test back for drug driving it come back 17ug it was my first driving offence will I be getting maximum sentence because it's so high and will a solicitor help in anyway
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: St Helen's , Merseyside, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Zero , I dont know if a solicitor can help me or not so I've just left it till now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My Court case is in 8 days

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Typing will be fine

If the duty solicitor will help then take him up on his offer.

But this isn't usually aggravated by the volume in your reading.

It is aggravated by other factors like evidence of bad driving and location of the offence so I wouldn't worry per se.

You can view the aggravating and mitigating features here

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/drug-driving-guidance-only/

I really doubt you would get the maximum or anything like it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont need a solicitor then?

you are better with one if you can.

But it isn't essential.

The duty solicitor might help for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who is the duty solicitor? and what would a one do in my case to help in anyway because it seems like I will get the Same charge with or without a solicitor

All courts have a duty solicitor. For those eligible for legal aid but who don't have a solicitor.

You are always better with a solicitor as they will mitigate usually more successfully than a lay person.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also Will someone with 17 ug cannabis be charged the same as someone with 3ug cannabis , but the person with 3 ug has got past offences were as the person with 17 ug hasn't canyou help

Yes, same offence.